- Orders – Orders in respect of items specially manufactured to Buyers requirements cannot be cancelled, except if the Buyer compensated the Seller.
- Price – All prices are subject to those ruling at date of despatch and are subject to revision at any time if the Sellers costs rise through circumstance beyond their control.
- Delivery – All delivery dates are approximate and the Seller shall be under no legal liability for late delivery, or failure to deliver if such failure is due to any factor outside the control of the Seller. In the case of orders involving more than one delivery any delays in delivery requested by the Buyer shall be at the discretion of the Seller. Non-receipt or other differences must be notified within 14 days of the invoice date. Claims will not be accepted after this period.
- Payment – Payment is due 30 days after month of invoice.
- Quality – Whilst every endeavour will be made to supply products in accordance with samples submitted, the Sellers cannot guarantee this. Products will meet the specifications in force at the time, but specifications can be changed without notice. Unless otherwise stated all tolerances will be those permitted by the various trade associations dealing with the material sold, or permitted and accepted by custom and practice. The Seller can accept no liability for the use to which products are put or the way, which they are used. Any recommendations stated by the company are made in good faith but cannot over-ride the basic obligation of the user to satisfy himself at all times as to the suitability because of the widely varying environmental conditions, the standard application, and the changes in technology which alter the properties of materials with which our products are expected to perform.
- Warranty – The Company herby warrants that all new goods supplied are free from defects in materials and workmanship and meet the specifications currently in force. The Company’s liability will be limited to free of charge replacement goods where it considers necessary. No liability will be accepted for consequential loss. This warranty is valid for six months only from invoice date and any claims must be received in writing during this period. The warranty is only valid if the goods are stored in a manner generally befitting good commercial practice. Claims will only be considered if the goods, or a representative sample of the goods has been returned to the Seller for examination.
- Cancellations – Whilst sympathetic consideration will be given to requests to cancel orders, the Seller reserve the right to make a 20% cancellation charge where he sees fit. This particularly applies of the Seller has incurred costs either within the Sellers’ own organisation or with any outside organisation, as a direct result of the Customer placing the order.
- Slow Payers – Where the Seller is forced to resort to legal action to recover any debt, a surcharge or interest charge will be applied as follows: –
(a) County Court Actions or Sheriff Court Actions (Scotland). A surcharge, in lieu of interest of 20% of Total Invoice Value will be applied.
(b) High Court Actions. Interest at the rate of 18%pa, chargeable from the due date of payment.
- Title – Title to the goods shall not pass to the purchaser until Demon Cato Ltd have received full payment for the goods.